Warranty and Returns Policy
Damaged or Faulty Products
At Profile Products (Australia) Pty Ltd (hereinafter referred to as “'we', 'us', 'our' or 'it') all products are sold with a quality guarantee which ensures what you ordered is received by you in good working order and is able to be used in a manner as specified by us. We will replace a product if we determine the product to be Damaged on Arrival.
Damaged On Arrival - “DOA”
A Profile item is considered DOA if when first taken out from its packaging:
- It shows symptoms of damage
- It is discovered to be broken
- It is defective
The DOA period is 7 days from the date that you received your order. Some products, such as electrical and mechanical goods, also come with a longer warranty that extends beyond this 7 day DOA period, such as the manufacturer’s warranty.
Under the ‘quality guarantee’ provisions, we will repair or replace damaged or faulty products.
If the product/s cannot be repaired or replaced by the same or another product/s with at least the same specifications, then a credit note or, in the case of a DOA, a full refund will be provided.
It is a condition of each product’s warranty that you securely pack the faulty or damaged product so that it is able to be returned to us via the transport carrier. We highly recommend you retain the packaging your products comes in for the duration of the guarantee period so that, in the unlikely event that you will need to return a product for repair or replacement, you will have adequate packaging available to do so.
If you dispose of the packaging then it will be your responsibility to source alternative adequate packaging to use to return the product.
Our insurance policies require photos to enable us to make a claim for damage caused to a package in transit. If you receive a product that is damaged and wish to receive a replacement please email photos of both the damaged product and the packaging, together with your claim so we may process it promptly.
A Profile Customer Care Representative will provisionally determine whether the product is DOA.
Where Profile has provisionally determined that a Product is DOA, return shipping will be arranged at the expense of Profile.
If the product is deemed by one of our Customer Care Representative’s NOT to be DOA, and is not covered by our quality guarantee, we may refuse to replace the product or give you a refund for the product.
When a product is replaced, your replacement product becomes your property and the returned DOA product becomes our property.
Replacement products are provided with the same quality guarantee as the returned product.
When a refund is given, the returned DOA product becomes our property.
Procedure for Refund and/or Returns:
To make a claim:
- Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include in your email:
- Invoice Number
- Date of purchase
- Product purchased.
- Detailed description of the problem
- Our customer care team will provide a Return Authorisation (RA) number if we require the goods to be returned to us..
- Customer care may then ask that you return the product to us, so that we can get our or our suppliers Production/Technical teams to assess the fault
- The method of return freight will in most cases be, the via the same carrier that made the initial delivery, however we reserve the right to nominate an alternate carrier where we determine this to be appropriate
- If returning the product please ensure you clearly label the box with our address details, which can be found at the ‘contact us’ section of this website
- To ensure a faster processing of your return, please include the following information on the inside of your return package:
- The original invoice number.
- The Return Authorisation (RA) number you were given.
- Your Full Name.
- Detailed description of the problem.
If we do not require the goods to be returned to us, we will ask you to destroy or dispose of the goods at your cost, and we will arrange a replacement good for you at our expense
Replacements or refunds do not apply if the product has not been installed, operated and/or maintained in accordance with any instructions provided with the product or as noted on the product listing.
If the product has been used in a manner other than for which it was designed, to the extent permitted by relevant legislation, Profile expressly excludes any liability for any indirect or consequential loss (including for loss of revenue or loss of use) arising from or in any way relating to the purchase or use of the product.
To the extent permitted by law, our guarantee will only apply to products used for personal/private use. Using products purchased from us for commercial purposes will result in the guarantee being voided