Photo Frame Replacement Glass - Cut-to-Size
- Delivery Australia-wide
- Secure Payments
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Do you need to replace broken glass in a picture frame or photo frame? We can help!
When it comes to having to repair broken glass in a picture frame, we can provide a helpful cut-to-size piece acrylic glass, is suitable for replacement of broken glass or also for D.I.Y. picture framing. This premium acrylic glass is also shatterproof and completely safe to handle and ship.
Why Can't You Send a Piece of Normal Glass?
The standard 2mm glass used inside a picture frame is extremely fragile and easy to break. Especially when it is not shipped safely pre-installed, inside a picture frame. A piece of glass by itself is just too fragile and easy to break, even with extra packaging. It also has very sharp edges which makes it dangerous to ship and also for handling.
For these reasons, it is unsafe to ship a piece of standard glass. But cut-to-size acrylic glass can be a safer and better alternative.
What's the Difference Between Acrylic Glass and Normal Glass?
Our 2mm acrylic "Plexi" glass (also sometimes called Perspex) is a better product than cheaper, standard glass. Firstly, it won't break, so it is safer and easier to handle and ship. Being unbreakable, if it is ever accidentally dropped or falls, it is resistant to breakage and will also protect your artwork inside your picture frame, as well as your furniture and your floor.
This professional, gallery-grade acrylic plexi-glass is also ultra-transparent and perfect for any picture frame or photo frame so you can clearly see your photo or artwork. This clear acrylic glass will also not become cloudy over time and specifically designed for custom framing.
This premium perspex acrylic is also light-weight, making it safer and easier to install in your picture frame. Our special, cut-to-size acrylic sheet is also environmentally friendly, being made from 50% recycled material.
How Can You Use this Perspex Acrylic Glass?
Each piece of 2mm "Plexi" glass comes with a peel-off protective coating on both sides to protect it from damage or scratches. Please remove this before inserting into your picture frame.
These cut-to-size acrylic pieces are also handy for any uncommon or custom-sized picture frames, as the glass perspex can be further cut to size by hand with just a stanley knife and a straight edge as well.
Acrylic Frame Glass Replacement Features:
- 2mm ultra-transparent & unbreakable acrylic "Plexi" glass
- Replaces broken glass
- Ideal for D.I.Y. or empty frames.
- Score & snap safety acrylic
- Suitable for horizontal or vertical display.
Where is this Acrylic Glass Sheet Made?
Each replacement acrylic glass is professionally, cut-to-size here in Australia by Profile.
Please note: The peel-off protective coating will need to be removed from both sides of the plexi glass, before inserting this into your frame.
Can You Cut a Piece of Acrylic Glass to an Odd, Custom size?
We only offer our acrylic glass cut to the standard sizes, as listed. If you require an uncommon or odd size, keep in mind that you could manually cut your own to size from a larger, standard sized piece, using a score and snap method, described below.
How Can You Cut Plexiglass Acrylic by Hand with a Scoring Knife?
Cutting 2mm thick acrylic plexiglass by hand is easy and simple. You also don't need any power tools or saws. You just need a marking pen, a ruler and a utility knife for scoring the surface of the acrylic. Just follow these simple steps:
- Firstly, measure and mark the area of the sheet that you want to cut. Leave any removable protective film coating on the sheet, to help protect the surface of the glass from marring.
- Using a solid ruler or straight edge as a guide, use a utility scoring knife to firmly cut a deep, narrow groove into the surface of the acrylic sheet. Sometimes it can be easier to do this in a couple of passes.
- Now place the acrylic plexiglass sheet over a hard edge of a stable table or bench, with scored groove facing up.
- Visually line-up the scored groove to be parallel above the edge of the table.
- Clamp (or weight down) the acrylic sheet onto the table, if required.
- With quick and even motion, firmly bend the overhang side of the acrylic sheet over the edge of the table.
- As the sheet bends, the scored groove will start to become deeper and crack, following the groove along the edge of the sheet.
- Firm bending should result in separating the of two pieces of plexiglass acrylic, with relatively straight and clean edges.
Also looking for something else?
- Matboard Cut-to-Size - Do you need a cut-to-size mat board or mount board for a frame. Try our range of Custom Cut Matboard options.
- Acid-Free Foam Board - If you are looking for a quality, white foam board for craft projects or picture frames, then shop our range of acid-free Cut-to-Size 5mm White Foam Board.
- Self-Adhesive Foam Board - If you are looking for self-adhesive, sticky foam board for craft projects or picture frames, then explore our popular range of quality Cut-to-Size 5mm Self Adhesive Foam Board.
- MDF 3mm Backing Cut-to-Size - If you are looking for solid 3mm MDF backings for picture frames, then explore our popular range of quality Cut-to-Size MDF Wood Backing Boards.
- Easel Stand Backs - If you are looking for MDF backings with hinged easel support legs for table-top photo frames, then explore our popular range of quality Easel Stand Backs.